Sessions update...and some caching post
After thinking about just what the heck I'd be using sessions for on the other site, I decided to dig around a little and after updating Rails to the latest version (almost 1.0) I figured out how to disable sessions completely.
More importantly, I implemented caching for the user-facing portion of my blog in under a half-hour. That's right, less than a half-hour. I sure hope that the new Zend Framework makes things that easy.
A co-worker asked me today if I were freelancing, what would I be using to build new sites. Without hesitating I told him "Rails. Unless I couldn't get Rails installed on the server, in which case I'd break out my mad PHP skillz."